Head of MFL
Salary: MPR/UPR + TLR2c
Hours: Full Time
Start Date: January or April/September 2022 Start
Inspire their remarkable with us
Four Dwellings Academy is a thriving, diverse, fully inclusive school with a clear vision to inspire all students to lead remarkable lives. Four Dwellings Academy is moving from strength to strength with our Progress 8 score continuing to be above the national average. We are proud to be a Good school and determined to become an Outstanding school at our next inspection. We want students to achieve academic excellence, develop strength of character and above all else, be happy. We have a committed and ambitious team, and have been very successful at developing teachers and leaders with progression both within and beyond the academy across the wider Trust.
The opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced, creative and dynamic leader for the Modern Foreign Languages Department. The successful candidate will be committed to leading the curriculum area to ensure high quality teaching and learning and ensuring high standards and achievements. The current Modern Foreign Language curriculum currently consists of teaching French to both Key Stage 3 and 4. There is scope for development and modification to shape the curriculum to vary the languages and ensure we are meeting the needs of our students and potential applicants.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong leadership qualities and a commitment to excellent teaching and learning opportunities for our students
- Be passionate about French and languages;
- Have a proven track record of success and raising pupil attainment in MFL
- Have the ability to deliver innovative lessons, which demonstrate high expectations of students, and inspire them to succeed, improving achievement at both Key Stages for all learners.
- Be committed to Four Dwellings Academy ethos of high expectations and no excuses;
Why should you join us:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chances to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
To arrange a call with the Executive Headteacher please contact Jade Burton, PA to the Executive Headteacher, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices, we are unable to accept CVs. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
Four Dwellings Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Welcome to the exciting opportunities offered by working at Four Dwellings Academy. We serve the communities around Quinton in Birmingham as an 11-16 community school.