Our Mission ‘To provide high quality education for all children based on clearly established Christian values and principles’
St George’s school is an exciting, successful secondary school, number 1 on progress 8 across the whole of the Blackpool and Fylde Coast and ‘Good’ in all areas in our most recent Ofsted inspection.
The ambition of our vibrant and energetic team is to transform the lives of all our children, including those from the most disadvantaged backgrounds. We all want to change our pupil’s futures by showing that a child’s home circumstances don’t have to be a barrier to success.
We are currently looking to recruit a leader with personality, someone who wants to drive forward a high achieving department and have a vibrant and authentic relationship with our pupils. We want teachers who are conscientious, hardworking, enjoy being with children and love to see pupils succeed.
Why choose St George’s
- Culture of high expectations; teachers can teach and pupils can learn.
- Exceptionally visible senior leadership team.
- A centralised homework system.
- Centralised detention system run by the senior leadership team.
- Strong systems and structures meaning pupils feel safe and secure.
- Great pupils who conduct themselves impeccably.
- Collaborative planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources. • Schemes of work fully resourced and ready.
- Focus on feedback not marking.
- Professional progression opportunities.
- Well-resourced and maintained classroom and buildings.
- No off the shelf strategies; no graded observations; tailored coaching.
Responsible to: Headteacher
St George's School - A Church of England Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years