Our client school in NE London is looking to recruit a Head of MFL. The position lends itself to an experienced teacher wishing to progress into a leadership position, and taking the next step to managing the MFL curriculum for the whole school and inspiring and motivating the team of teachers and support staff. This school focuses on a growth mindset, and the students have surpassed the academic expectations of the SLT since adopting this philosophy.
About the Role
- Appointment of a Head of MFL with the drive and vision to create a vibrant department where the students can develop their love of languages
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the MFL curriculum area
- To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of MFL curriculum and therefore help all pupils achieve exceptional academic results.
- To make a significant contribution to the school improvement through the role of Head of Department
- Opportunities for career development with an emphasis on staff retention and CPD for all.
- Permanent Role from September 2018.
About the School
- Successful oversubscribed local authority secondary school.
- Full investment in staff and CPD
- Regular staff social events; use of Leisure Centre/gym;
- 1 in 3 students achieve at least three A*/A grades
- Modern day classrooms with state of the art equipment.
- Career development and management opportunities.
- Hardworking Leaderships team going with a strong growth mind-set
- Amazing transport links, close to Central Line and National Rail.
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of MFL will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum;
- OS-trained teachers welcome to apply;
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa); and
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops;
- Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR11882C.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.