Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Head of MFL on a full-time permanent basis from September 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Good rated, 11-16 academy in the friendly, North Lincolnshire town of Scunthorpe with easy access to the stunning countryside. The academy became part of a Family of Schools in 2012 and has been transformed beyond recognition. Having formerly been in Special Measures, the academy has undergone three Ofsted visits during this transformational period.
The school are seeking a Head of MFL with the drive and vision to deliver excellence in MFL in a school where success in Languages is a clear focus. You will ensure effective teaching and learning is in place in MFL to ensure outstanding outcomes for students and increased numbers studying MFL at GCSE.
The MFL Department achieved great results (66% 5+ and 73% 4+ - progress +0.4) in 2019 and are set to continue this positive trend. They currently offer German in Years 7 & 8 (flexible to change) and French & German at GCSE. They also have a very keen group of students looking to start Spanish GCSE ab initio from September 2021. Therefore, they welcome applications from any languages specialism although Spanish to GCSE would be an advantage. The department will have 3 members of MFL staff from September 2021.
They are looking for an inspiring leader who has high aspirations for both staff and students, who is committed, and passionate about language learning. Leadership experience is not essential, but applicants must be able to demonstrate the skills required to lead a department.
The Successful Candidate:
- Degree in relevant subject and Qualified Teacher Status
- Experience of leading or supporting leadership of a department or providing support to a school/department
- Successful experience of teaching relevant subject at all key stages
- Evidence of managing and leading a new initiative across a department or whole school
- Good understanding of your subject secondary curriculum, Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4
- Knowledge of current issues facing subject departments
- A generous pension scheme
- Synergy car leasing
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
- 25+ days holiday, plus bank holidays (for non-term time only employees) and flexible family friendly policies
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD)
- Staff discounts
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact email@example.com REF KR1443277
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...