Isaac Newton Academy, Redbridge
Interim Principal: Jo Spencer
Head of MFL
Outstanding Head of MFL required, for September 2018 to lead an outstanding department in an outstanding new school.
Six form entry, mixed 4-18 comprehensive in Redbridge.
Start date: As soon as possible/ January 2019
Salary: ARK MPS/UPS and TLR 1a
Location: Ilford, London
Nearest train station: Seven Kings
Deadline: 9am on Monday 24th September 2018.
Ofsted: Outstanding in all areas (2014)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0208 911 6666.
In September 2012 Isaac Newton Academy opened with its inaugural cohort of 180 year 7 students. The secondary school will grow, year on year, to become an 11-18 academy of 1250 students. The sixth form opened in September 2017. In 2014 the primary phase opened, welcoming 90 reception-aged pupils. This too will expand each year until full in 2020.
In June 2014 the school was judged to be outstanding in all categories by OFSTED.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Head of MFL who shares our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. This is a rare opportunity to lead an excellent team of specialist French and Spanish teachers and to be centrally involved in developing our sixth form and primary provision.
The ideal candidate will:
- be a great and ambitious leader
- achieve outstanding student attainment outcomes
- possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of Ilford residents.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- build on the outstanding work of the current department
- lead a strong and dynamic team of MFL specialist teachers
- lead on the development of a curriculum that spans Year 1 to Year 13
- play a strategic role in the evolution of Isaac Newton Academy
- join the ARK Schools network, with comprehensive CPD provision.
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend Isaac Newton Academy and members of the local community, then we are keen to hear from you.
If you have any technical issues with the application form or for further information or an informal, confidential discussion please contact our HR office, on 020 8911 6657 or email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 24th September 2018.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.