Head of Modern Foreign Languages
Aldar Academies are seeking an outstanding Head of Modern Foreign Languages for Al Yasmina Academy commencing 2018. The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the English National Curriculum.
The main purpose of the role is to provide professional leadership and management for the department in order to secure high quality teaching and learning, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students. Previous leadership experience is essential.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. Also, possess energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage, enthuse and motivate our learners.
- BA in Education or BA Degree with PGCE and minimum of 6 years teaching experience
- Strong experience teaching the British Curriculum
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of a school community, irrespective of position, gender, age and ethnic background
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check
- Competitive terms of employment and outstanding working conditions
- Tax Free Salary
- Fully furnished accommodation
- Medical insurance and Air Fare
- Opportunity to work within a team of supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
Applicants will be required to submit a letter of application and CV, together with copies of their passport for visa purpose, education certificates and police clearance to complete the on-line application process. On CV, please include the names and contact email addresses of three professional referees one of which must be a current Principal.