Leadership scale, competitive
Inspire their remarkable with us
Bexleyheath Academy is a non-selective comprehensive situated in the heartland of Kent grammar schools. The school is currently in special measures but will not be there for long. The Executive Director for Bexleyheath Academy and the Principal have both recently joined and have previously been responsible for the turnaround at Harris Academy Battersea. Under their leadership, the school moved from special measures to outstanding and rose from the bottom in Wandsworth to become one of the only schools in England to record a Progress 8 score of more than +1 in all three years of the measure. It also won the ‘Evening Standard School of the Year Award’ and was designated as a ‘World-Class’ in 2018. Bexleyheath is at the start of the same journey and is actively seeking passionate and dedicated teachers who will join this fight to ensure that our students go on to lead remarkable lives. We have students from all walks of life and will give each of them, no matter how difficult their start, access to every walk of life.
As a Head of Department, you will be pivotal in redefining what is possible for the students within our care. You will be excellent in your classroom practice and be able to lead others in their own pursuit of excellence. You will also provide clarity, structure and vision for a group of staff who are committed to making Bexleyheath Academy one of the highest-performing schools in Kent. We are not a competitive school of individual superstars; we are a fiercely determined collective group of staff who will always work together to ensure the best outcomes for the students.
In terms of the broader school, we recognise that teaching is a demanding career and it is our aim to make sure that staff who have chosen to join the profession are as well supported as they can be. We have a zero tolerance approach to anything that interrupts the learning in a classroom and our central team deals with all behaviour issues, non-completion of homework, phone-calls and detentions to make sure that teachers are as free as possible to do the three things that matter most: mark, plan and teach.
Any position in education is inevitably laden with values and ideals and we are a school built on a shared ownership of these. We wish to give our students the very best start that we can in life and, through hard work and determination, we hope that these values and ideals start to take shape as something recognisable in the futures that we help build.
Should you wish to find out more about what we do or would like to talk to the Principal directly, then please feel free to do so using firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always open to visitors at any point.
Closing date: Monday 07 October 2019
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Inspire their remarkable. Apply today by clicking the 'Quick Apply' button below.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.