Welland Park Academy is a vibrant and ambitious Community Academy in Market Harborough, South Leicestershire (listed in the Times Top 50 Best Places To Live in the UK 2016) and we are passionate about the aspirations and achievements of both our students and staff. We have recently undergone a change in our age range and are now accepting students aged 11-16 (previously 11-14), similarly to many schools in this area.
This is an exciting time for the Academy and has afforded a period of growth and expansion to both our premises and staffing levels. This post is due to retirement and the Governors are seeking an inspiring and dynamic individual to lead the MFL department (French, German and Spanish). A specialism in German is preferred but not a necessity.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent subject knowledge for MFL at KS3 and KS4
• Have a track record of achieving outstanding student attainment and progress
• Have a demonstrable passion for the subject and convey this in a classroom setting.
• Have a keen desire to work collaboratively with all colleagues to make a greater impact on student progress.
• Be ambitious for all students to secure outstanding progress in MFL
• Energy and vision with proven leadership skills
• The ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and students to promote co-operation, collaboration and teamwork
Welland Park will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to:
• Join a school with a clear vision to deliver world class standards of education to our community.
• Play an integral role in the evolution of this developing 11 – 16 school.
• Work with well-established, cohesive, committed and supportive departments and Senior Leadership Team.
• Join a group of innovative and ambitious teachers with a comprehensive CPD provision.
• Work in a department where the majority of teachers have their own room, PC, whiteboard and storage space.
Closing date for completed application forms – Monday 26th February 2018
Anticipated interview date Friday 2nd March 2018