Head of Modern Foreign Languages
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented practitioner and leader of Modern Foreign Languages to develop and lead the MFL provision across the academy.
In 2012, Bolingbroke Academy opened with the vision to create a centre of excellence. We are extremely proud of our GCSE results in English, Maths, Science, Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) and Performing Arts as well as our first A-level results this August. We are seeking an exceptional and inspiring leader to join our pioneering school and contribute to our school’s mission. This is a unique opportunity to be part of showing what non-selective education can achieve for all pupils in our community. Bolingbroke Academy provides a first class learning environment based on outstanding teaching, great relationships and excellent facilities.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about Languages and who can contribute more widely to the leadership of the school. We are looking for an individual with a genuine passion for working at Bolingbroke Academy, a belief in the potential of every child and that through hard work all pupils and students can access and benefit from a university and high level apprenticeship education, and the courage and vision to lead others in making things happen.
This is a role for a leader who is able to take on significant responsibility in a high performing school.
In this role you will:
• be an outstanding teacher, able to motivate and challenge learners of all abilities;
• be an outstanding leader, with good communication and organisation skills;
• be able to teach French or Spanish to Key Stage 5;
• be a passionate about their subject and a committed team player;
• have a proven track record of success and raising pupil attainment in MFL;
• have high expectations for accountability and consistency;
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils;
• be committed to Bolingbroke Academy’s ethos of high expectations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
• Teach within a growing Academy and lead the English provision;
• Join a network of Ark schools and gain access to an exclusive range of benefits, including reduced gym membership and a comprehensive CPD provision.
Please apply at:
Please submit your application no later than 11.59 – 20th October 2019
Deadline: 11.59 – 20th October 2019
Interviews: Held as applications received
Location: Wandsworth, London
Start date: January 2019.
Salary: Ark MPS (£30,406 - £41,381) (Inner London), depending on experience + TLR2A (£2,271)
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis, therefore early application is advised. Strong candidates may be invited to interview prior to role’s closing date.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.