As Head of Modern Foreign Languages, you will be joining a team of successful, committed and experienced staff who have outstanding success with both GCSE and A Level results, being the highest performing mixed Catholic school for overall achievement in the diocese, significantly above the national average.
The successful candidate will be energetic with a thirst for raising standards. They will have the opportunity to be developed professionally to SLE standard and beyond in order to develop MFL across all levels.
Being a Teaching School and having secured an Outstanding Section 48 Inspection in 2019, on top of our outstanding Ofsted Inspection in 2017, Saint Augustine’s can give you the platform for fulfilling your own potential as well as enriching the lives of students.
Our key to success:
• A distinctive Catholic ethos that supports deep personal faith but also welcomes diversity and difference in beliefs and culture.
• A drive for success for all students
• A dedicated teaching and support staff that monitor and challenge students to achieve their maximum potential.
• High academic achievement levels and expectations that provide our young people with the opportunity to go onto universities as well as providing legitimate pathways into training, apprenticeships and other further education outlets.
• A large and varied, sports, creative arts and music curriculum, which enjoys success both locally, regionally and nationally.
• A focus on student safety and well-being.
• A learning environment which is contemporary, well-equipped and resourced and regularly updated.
• Opportunities to travel, observe different lifestyles, experiences and cultures, take up new activities and sports, participate in local and national competitions and develop high level communication skills.
• Continual professional development of all staff and opportunities for career development.
Comments from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2017
“The Executive Principal and Head of School exude a determination to enable every pupil to achieve his or her potential. Governors, leaders, staff, and pupils all share high expectations for pupil’s achievement and their personal development.”
“A ‘learning culture’ is firmly embedded among pupils. In all subjects, pupils are keen to discuss and debate ideas and approaches. They are eager to find out more, and determined to improve. Not a minute is wasted in lessons, and pupils readily continue their enquiries and endeavours out of class.”
Potential applicants are welcome to visit the school, please contact Mr Gerald O’Connor on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01527 550400 to arrange a visit or for further information.
Further details of the school and the vacancy can be found by visiting our website
Completed applications should be sent to Mrs Charley Evans at the school address or emailed to HR@saintsa.co.uk
St Augustine’s Catholic High School
Hunt End Redditch
Worcestershire, B97 5LX
Tel: 01527 550400
St Augustine’s is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
St Augustine’s is part of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic MAC