Head of Music
We are seeking to appoint a qualified Head of Music.
Pay: Main/Upper Pay Range
The start for this post is September 2020
The role will involve:
● To take overall responsibility for Music (KS3 and KS4 - GCSE and BTEC)
● Carrying out the functions of a teacher in accordance with the Teacher Standards and the stated aims and objectives of The Stanway School and the Department.
● To be accountable for the highest standards of pupil achievement within Music, monitoring and evaluation of pupil achievement and setting targets for improvement.
● Maintaining/increasing current provision of extra-curricular clubs and productions
We're looking for you if you have:
● Qualified Teacher Status
● A degree in the specialist subject
● The ability to teach “outstanding” lessons
● Experience of supporting staff and students in maintaining high standards
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Role Specification).
What we can offer:
● An exciting opportunity to teach in a successful, oversubscribed school;
● A competitive salary;
● Employee benefits: Pension Scheme, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance Programme;
● A full Continuous Professional Development Programme;
● Training Opportunities through our membership of The Sigma Trust;
● Brand new Music facilities including: 3 state of the art classrooms (one of which is a small performance space), 6 Music Practice rooms (one of which has recording facilities), multi-use production theatre with investments in lighting and sound in the last 12 months.
We are a very successful school, which has a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating and positive Progress 8 scores for the past 4 years. The Stanway School is expanding; all the buildings are new, including brand new performing arts block which opened in September 2018. The performing arts block has enabled the school to increase its provision of Music and Drama at both Key Stages; this is a very exciting time to join our team.
For additional information about our school, please visit The Sigma Trust website http://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/academies/stanway.asp
Please note that applications can only be accepted on the attached Sigma Trust Application form.
Closing Date: 19th April 2020
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. A disclosure/status check will be sought from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.