Smart Teachers is recruiting a Head of Music to join a multi-ethnic local authority secondary school situated in NE London. The school focuses on a positive growth mindset approach to education. The music department has a strong reputation within the school and the students thrive on the diversity of the choirs, bands and ensembles that are on offer.
About the Role
- Successful applicant to be responsible for teaching approaches and pedagogy used by the curriculum team and the development and selection of suitably differentiated materials for different student groups
- Successful applicant are also responsible to the Head Teacher and Senior Management Team for ensuring the implementation
- Effectively manage a team of teachers and support staff
- Looking to appoint a career driven Head of Music / Music Leader
- To deliver outstanding teaching and learning of Music and therefore help all pupils achieve exceptional academic results.
- To be involved in development of an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires learner to appreciate the subject and its application.
- Opportunities for career development with an emphasis on staff retention and CPD for all.
- Permanent Role from September 2018.
About the School
- Successful oversubscribed local authority secondary school.
- Full investment in staff and CPD
- Regular staff social events; use of Leisure Centre/gym;
- 1 in 3 students achieve at least three A*/A grades
- Modern day classrooms with state of the art equipment.
- Career development and management opportunities.
- Hardworking Leaderships team going with a strong growth mind-set
- Amazing transport links, close to Central Line and National Rail.
In order to be considered for this role, the Head of Music will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum;
- OS-trained teachers welcome to apply;
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa); and
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops;
- Consultant exclusivity.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RCR11882D.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.