Trinity Catholic High School seeks to appoint a talented and dynamic Head of Music to work within our hugely successful Music Department. We have an excellent Catholic Ethos with a strong leadership team. The temporary, maternity cover, Head of Music position is available from June 2018.
The successful applicant will be able to offer Music to Key Stage 5 to join a supportive and highly successful department. Students follow the Edexcel syllabus at GCSE and OCR at A Level. The department has a busy extra-curricular programme and support from peripatetic music teachers.
About the Music Department:
- This is equipped with interactive whiteboards, a selection of keyboards, tuned and un-tuned percussion, a drum kit, acoustic, electric and bass guitars.
- Has a computer suite running Cubase and Sibelius software.
- An A-level teaching room and two practice rooms where instrumental lessons take place
- We have eight visiting instrumental teachers supplied by Redbridge Music Service, who provide individual instrumental and singing lessons to approximately 80 students.
- Excellent teaching facilities consisting of two large classrooms
Trinity Catholic High School prides itself in the following:
· An outstandingly successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1673 students on roll.
· A Specialist Science and PE College and holds International School Award status.
· Continuously achieving outstanding results at GCSE and in 2017 we achieved our best ever results. The Progress 8 score of +0.51 is significantly above the national average and places the school in the top 12% of schools nationally. The percentage of students at 5+ in English and Mathematics is 65% and well above the national figure of 39%. 81% of our students attained the standard pass in both English and mathematics and 52 grade 9s were awarded across these two subjects.
· Judged as outstanding in both the December 2014 section 48 inspection and then again, for the fifth time in succession, as outstanding by OFSTED in March 2015.
This post would be suitable for a highly motivated and experienced teacher who will possess the vision, drive and energy to ensure students across all key stages enjoy and achieve exceptionally well in this core subject. It is expected that the successful candidate will make a significant and positive contribution to the Music department and the school as a whole.
Trinity Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Please click on the apply button at the bottom to complete the application form.
Please note, due to high volumes of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please download an application form from the school website. We cannot accept CV’s. If you have any queries, please email Mrs Sam Gillary at email@example.com for further details.
Closing date for receipt of application forms is Sunday 18th March 2018.