Head of Music
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and well qualified teacher to join our highly successful and rapidly expanding school.
This position would suit Music teachers looking to become a head of department or existing heads of department wanting to work in this popular school with fantastic performing arts facilities.
Your role will be to lead and develop Music, to further raise student attainment for all learners and promote a love of Music. To work with the Drama and Dance Departments to develop Performing Arts at Oxclose.
As the Head of Department, you will develop and lead an exciting and innovative curriculum which enables the highest level of pupil progress and attainment.
Ideal candidates will:
- have a passion for teaching music
- be an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning
- have a proven track record of raising attainment at KS4
- take a creative approach to inspiring students
- have ability to engage all students in Music
- have successfully collaborated with Drama and/or Dance to create school productions/performances
Oxclose is a successful oversubscribed school that is proud to be part of Washington and our local community.
Salary - MPS/UPS + TLR available for suitable candidate.
Apply by 12 noon on 27th April 2018
Interviews – 8th May 2018
To start September 2018.