Head of Music
In the perfect school, every child plays an instrument and every child sings. Come and help us build the greatest school in London. As Head of Music you will contribute to developing Phoenix Academy into a great school by teaching a challenging Music curriculum, enabling all students to fall in love with the study and practice of Music, teaching highly effective sequences of lessons, and constantly reflecting on your practice.
A Future Academies teacher is:
- Passionate about their subject and have excellent academic qualifications and thorough subject knowledge.
- Aligned with our educational vision and committed to a knowledge-led curriculum, with high ambitions for pupil attainment and in the central role of the teacher as expert.
- Able to combine academic rigour and achievement with enjoyment of the subject.
- Committed to providing a high standard of pastoral care.
- Equipped to deliver strong classroom management.
- An inspirational leader, with the capacity to develop excellence in others.
- A good communicator, with outstanding planning and organisational skills and the ability to unify and motivate a team.
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Committed to wider school life and be willing to engage in a range of extra-curricular activities.
We can offer you:
- Free access to our leisure centre which includes a swimming pool, fitness suite and dance studio
- Free breakfast and lunch each day
- The opportunity to work with enthusiastic and happy pupils
- The chance to help rapidly improve the most important school in London
- Excellent CPD focused on outstanding teaching and learning
- Access to the Trust Future Leaders programme and multiple leadership development opportunities
- The expertise and support of senior leadership and colleagues across the Future Academies Trust
- An area well served by public transport, plus ample car parking on site
To apply: please visit our website www.futureacademies.org or www.phoenixacademy.org.uk to download further information and an application form. Please email a letter of application outlining why you consider yourself suitable for the role and the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16:00 on Thursday 26th April 2018
Please note that Future Academies reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process so early applications are encouraged.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.