Newlands is a successful and over-subscribed girls’ 11-18 comprehensive school with a strong reputation for academic achievement. During our recent Ofsted inspection (October 2018) we were graded as Outstanding.
Our excellent GCSE results put us consistently in the top 10% of schools nationwide. We also have an outstanding success rate at A-Level, with an ALPS score of 3.
Music is an integral part of our ethos. It is taught throughout the school and offered as a GCSE and A-Level option. It also provides a wealth of extra-curricular activities, including senior, junior, performing arts and madrigal choirs, ensemble groups, bands and orchestras. In addition, a high proportion of pupils receive individual instrumental or vocal tuition from the peripatetic music service.
This is an excellent opportunity for a person with vision and energy to take on the leadership of a department, which is highly valued by our school community.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding practitioner committed to high achievement for all
- A leader who can both challenge and support
- Someone with exciting ideas to build on good practice
We can offer you:
- A school where colleagues are supportive and pupils highly motivated
- A dedicated department with a high level of expertise
- A school where behaviour is excellent and discipline strong
Further details of the post and application form are available on our website or from Mrs Bateson, the Headteacher’s P.A. Letters of application and completed forms should be sent to Dr L.V. Ceska, Headteacher.
Closing date: Tuesday 26th January 2021.
We reserve the right to close the application early should we receive an overwhelming response.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Newlands Girls School
Windsor and Maidenhead
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years