Terra Nova is seeking to appoint a talented, passionate and engaging Head of Music with Performing Arts working with children from Nursery up to Year 8. Being at the forefront of their specialist subject and having prior experience teaching Music & the Performing Arts, they will be able to inspire and excite our children with a combination of skills, knowledge and patience. This individual will be expected to:
- lead on curriculum music for all age groups
- develop the school's choirs and orchestras
- create a programme of music recitals, concerts and performances to showcase the pupils' abilities in the Performing Arts
- manage the peripatetic music teachers
- organise and direct school productions
This role demands that the Head of Music with Performing Arts is highly organised and motivated with excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will have access to a newly created M-tech suite, newly converted music practice rooms and a Performance Art Centre for productions.
This role is open to both primary and secondary specialists.
Terra Nova School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.