For August 2018, Bangkok Patana School seeks an experienced Outdoor Education specialist to provide professional leadership and management of the Outdoor Education (OA) and International Award Programme (IA) in order to secure quality opportunities for the students so they develop as independent learners outside the classroom environment on a journey of personal discovery and adventure. Ideally the successful candidate will be a qualified Secondary School teacher or be prepared to study for qualified teacher status during their tenure at the school. It is not absolutely essential upon appointment.
Title: Outdoor Education/Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Coordinator
Role and Position in the Organisation
The Outdoor Education/Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Coordinator reports directly to the Secondary Principal and also liaises with the Leader of Learning Primary Physical Education (PE) and Head of Faculty Secondary PE.
Allowance: B Ideally the coordinator will be able to offer a small amount of teaching of a specific Secondary subject and/or be a form tutor. This would equate to 10-20% of a teaching load.
Major Role: To provide professional leadership and management of the Outdoor Education(OE) and International Award Programme (IA) across the Secondary School in order to secure quality opportunities for students in their development as independent learners outside the classroom environment on a journey of personal discovery and adventure. It is expected that the Coordinator will have a strong background in safety and a clear understanding of student safeguarding.
The Coordinator has responsibility for:
- key developments in the OE and IA Programmes ensuring the programme Criteria are met
- ensuring that the opportunities offered are accessible to all students
- Maintaining the highest possible standards of safety and student safeguarding in all OE and IA activities
- co-ordinating and providing support and training for staff who supervise students during the International Award Programme and other outdoor adventurous activities
- Liaison with the Duke of Edinburgh International Award programme
- Successful budgeting for all the needs of the OE and IA programmes
- Overseeing the safe use of the Climbing Wall facility
Bangkok Patana is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff to share the same commitment. Extensive checks (DBS if UK based) and references will form part of the application process.
We offer a competitive salary with a generous benefits package. For further information about the school and the position available, please visit our website www.patana.ac.th/recruitment.asp and complete an online application by Friday 30th March 2018.
Bangkok Patana School is an IB World School, accredited by CIS and NEASC
Fulfilling Potential Since 1957
Interviews in London during 1st April - 5th April.