Livability is a national Christian disability and community engagement charity that delivers a variety of community projects, disability care services and training resources across the UK. We also share our expertise internationally. Our vision is of a transformed society where disabled and disadvantaged people can live life to the full. That’s why, since 1844, we’ve been campaigning, training and pioneering projects & services to help improve the wellbeing and social inclusion of disabled adults and children.
Victoria Education Centre
Victoria Education Centre encompasses a day school and two residential settings based in Poole Dorset offering specialised, high quality care and therapy for young disabled people from 3-25 years old. All of our residents / students have physical disabilities or complex medical conditions and many have additional needs including communication difficulties, learning difficulties and sensory impairments.
We strive to ensure that we go that extra mile, ensuring that our young children and adults have fun and enjoy life to the maximum whilst being supported by our committed and compassionate team. In return we provide our staff with access to the Childcare Voucher Scheme, Death in Service, Company Pension Scheme and Family Friendly Policies to name a few.
Victoria Education Centre has strong sporting traditions and sport plays an important part in the school's curriculum. The school was one of the very few special schools to be awarded funding to become a specialist sports college. The department strives to promote physical well-being and we believe that young people should develop physical skills and achieve their highest standard in both individual and team activities. We encourage them to enjoy sport so that they learn the value of regular physical exercise, healthy living and team membership as part of a preparation for life.
The school has an adapted sports hall, state of the art aquatherapy/swimming pool, fully accessible gymnasium/fitness suite, soft play area and all weather floodlit outdoor sports pitch.
- To be an excellent teacher, capable of modelling best practice to colleagues
- To show how your experience of teaching PE and sports in Special and/or Primary and/or Secondary Schools has resulted in outstanding student progress
- Excellent subject knowledge, skills and competency in PE and sports
- Experience of leading PE and sports curriculum development
- Experience of assessing student progress in PE and sports and of using data to inform planning, target setting and reporting
- A secure understanding of Health and Safety requirements in a PE and sports context
- To show understanding of and commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Experience of working with children with SEN (in a mainstream or special setting), a clear understanding of our school context and a passion to work with our amazing students to enable them to achieve and progress
- High expectations of self and others (colleagues and pupils)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team that includes Teachers and Therapists and to communicate with parents and external individuals and organisations
- Experience of leading and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring
- Amazing children and supportive, talented and committed colleagues
- A dynamic and energetic environment focused on delivering our vision and ethos
- A comprehensive induction programme and excellent opportunities for CPD
- An exceptional opportunity to develop your career in school leadership, including the opportunity to undertake a relevant NCSL qualification in school leadership
- The opportunity to join an ambitious and growing organisation that is determined to deliver the best possible outcomes for our students and excellent career development for our staff
Visits to the school are highly recommended and we will provide you with a warm welcome. To arrange a visit please contact Emma Pallister 01202 758310.
To apply please visit Livability jobs page
Closing date 24.09.17