When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Royal Dubai School offers world class facilities set in a modern campus providing a bright, modern, well-resourced environment for our students to extend their learning. A special emphasis is placed on the integration of technology into the curriculum with a high level of community engagement and involvement in the school. GEMS Royal Dubai School offers the National Curriculum for England, to pupils from Foundation Stage to Year 6.
About the Role:
We are looking for a committed and dynamic head of department to join the Physical Education department at GEMS Royal Dubai School, from September 2021.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader or an experienced PE teacher looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a global leading company and a world-class international school.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge
- Experience teaching GCSE and A-Level PE or equivalent
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Significant experience of the National Curriculum for England
- To be considered for this post you must hold a B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in a relevant subject alongside a PGCE / PGDE or equivalent.
The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
• The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
GEMS Royal Dubai School
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
GEMS Royal Dubai School offers Outstanding, world class facilities set in a modern campus providing a bright, modern, well-resourced environment for students to access an enriched learning experience. An accredited High Performance Learning sch...