Head of Performing Arts.
Tes is currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary academy, based in Kirklees. The school is looking to add a Head of Performing Arts to their progressive and supportive Performing Arts Department ideally starting in September 2021.
The role will include managing the delivery of Performing Arts at KS3 and GCSE across year groups 7 to 11. You will lead your department to enhance provision and will get the chance to lead on exciting project work throughout the year. Project work may include revising schemes of work and ensuring the curriculum is engaging to all learners alongside projects that support student attainment, well-being and engagement within the wider school. However, as Head of Department you will have full autonomy to ensure your department meets targets and exceeds needs of our learners. You will lead by example, supporting and empowering your department’s teachers, staff and pupils to achieve to the best of their ability.
The Head of Department will also line manage the Performing Arts department, supporting the SLT link and Headteacher to ensure the department achieve to its maximum potential.
“The Academy has undergone a significant transformation in recent years; resultantly, it now boasts some of the best levels of progress across the region (+0.79). Our learners demonstrate a relentless desire to succeed and show high levels of engagement, interest and resilience when learning new skills and knowledge. Behaviour and focus in classrooms is truly outstanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join one of the most improved and now oversubscribed academies in the country with some of the best outcomes in the north of England. An academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements. We actively welcome applications from talented teachers who wish to further develop their career in our Performing Arts Department. "
The school is offering:
• A super supportive and highly visible SLT team and Headteacher;
• on-going CPD with programmes of study such as NPQSL and MA in Educational Leadership
• progression support throughout the school and wider group
• support package for NQT’s/RQT’s including CPD and NQT mentorship;
• the chance to take on further responsibility such as Leadership roles in the future.
The school expects:
• A UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Performing Arts Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering Performing Arts up to GCSE level pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• experience managing a department: specifically people and financial management
• a love and passion for education.
Please include REF: 1439375 in the email subject line.
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role. If you have an up to date CV on Tes.com you can apply with one easy click! Click ‘Quick Apply’ to apply for this role today!
To learn more about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an information pack that includes the school's name, role specifics (JD/PS) and context. Please include REF: 1439375 in the email subject line.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...