The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Head of Performing Arts (Music or Drama Specialist) at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School , an expanding 11-16 Voluntary Academy.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a teacher to join and progress in our performing arts. We are looking for an experienced teacher who would be able to support our drive to raise attainments and standards in Music and Drama. Some experience of leadership would be desirable.
The successful candidate will:
• Be someone with drive and ambition who will challenge, inspire and motivate our students. You will be a highly dynamic individual who consistently delivers innovative teaching and where possible has a proven track record of outstanding progress in external examinations.
• Be enthusiastic and motivated with a passion for your subject and an ability to inspire students
• Be committed to delivering high standards of teaching and learning
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team, flexible and of course have a good sense of humour.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant and welcoming environment with wonderful students, supportive staff, governors and parents
• An opportunity to work in a high quality, new build with state of the art classrooms and facilities
• An opportunity to join a well-established and forward thinking department dedicated to ensuring that all students achieve academic excellence and personal success
• Excellent career development opportunities with relevant paid training as and when required
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with a member of the school’s senior leadership team. Please contact Mrs Holland (Headteacher’s PA) on 0161 499 0000 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info and should be returned to Mrs Holland at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School or by e-mail email@example.com
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted