Notting Hill & Ealing High School, one of London’s leading independent day schools, has an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Head of Philosophy, Religion & Ethics (PRE) to lead a flourishing PRE Department in both its curricular and extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for a well-qualified and enthusiastic teacher of PRE, with a passion for the subject and excellent subject knowledge. The successful candidate will teach PRE throughout the Senior School, including GCSE, A Level and Oxbridge preparation. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to make the move into a Head of Department role or gain further leadership experience.
If you are a good communicator who can enthuse and inspire both pupils and colleagues and have exciting ideas about the teaching of PRE, and the ways in which they can be further developed and encouraged, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Teaching at NHEHS
“Teaching here is all about being able to have in-depth conversations with students about your subject and helping to enthuse them with the same passion as you have. Teaching at NHEHS is exactly what I imagined teaching would be like when I got my first teaching job; it’s what teaching should be!”
- Head of Department
About the School
NHEHS is a leading academic day school. Our girls are ambitious, bright, enthusiastic and eager to learn and we offer a warm and supportive community. We occupy a site in suburban, leafy, west Ealing with excellent transport links. As part of the Girls’ Day School Trust (GDST), the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Membership of Teaching Staff Pension Scheme
- Access to the GDST central training and development programme
- Up to 50% discount on fees for children at GDST schools
- Training grants for obtaining further qualifications
- Interest free annual season ticket loans for travel are available to staff
- Interest free loans to enable staff to buy a computer for personal use at home
- Cycle Scheme: The School is part of the scheme which enables staff to purchase bicycles and equipment at a tax advantageous rate and pay for the equipment over 12 months
- Free lunches during term time
- Accredited NQT induction
- There is a possibility of accommodation for September 2021
Further information about this position and how to apply is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the apply button.
Closing date: Thursday 20th May 2021 (12pm) but early applications are welcomed.
Interviews will take place on Monday 24th May 2021.
The GDST is committed to diversity, inclusion and real change: a family where every individual is valued, respected and included.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.
Notting Hill and Ealing High School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 18 years
NHEHS is a leading selective girls’ school which achieves outstanding results within an exceptionally warm and supportive community. We are one of the very first schools founded by the Girls' Day School Trust (GDST). The school opened in 1873 a...