Malvern College Chengdu is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Head of Physical Education.
The successful candidate will lead a high-performing team providing students with high quality teaching, raise the profile of Physical Education throughout the school and drive the development of Physical Education as a curriculum subject.
• Maintain a departmental development plan with milestones for progressing towards the school's vision
• Plan and manage the resources of the PE Department
• Liaise with the Deputy Head (Pastoral) and Health and Safety Committee over safety issues
• Develop, set up, manage and review the activities relating to the Physical Education curriculum for the whole school and for each academic level respectively
• Coordinate the Senior School’s Extra-Curricular Activities Programme
• Coordinate the Senior School’s Duke of Edinburgh International Award Programme
• Contribute to the overall curriculum planning of the school including attending Heads of Department meetings, Academic Committee meetings, etc.
• Develop subject standard assessment tests for current and prospective students
• Oversee INSET and professional development within the Physical Education Department
• Contribute to the selection and professional development of teachers and support staff in the Physical Education Department including the induction and on-going assessment of teachers.
• Foster good relations with other departments and feeder schools.
• To teach Physical Education throughout Malvern College Chengdu (Years 7 – 13) including IGCSE PE.
• Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated PE curriculum.
• To assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Head of Senior School or her Deputy.
• Support the pastoral work of the school by taking on the role of a Tutor.
• Play a part in the broader school life through different extra-curricular activities and events; participate in the running of a successful international boarding school.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Education or some related field together with qualified teacher status or an equivalent level of teaching qualification
• High proficiency of English
• Able to work both independently and effectively as part of a team
• Confident and persuasive written and verbal communicator
• Excellent ICT skills
• Able to relate to pupils, parents and colleagues with empathy and sensitivity
• Fully understand and comply with the safer recruitment policy of MCC
All applications should be submitted online via the TES online application. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Chengdu is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.