YYK Pao School is a unique bilingual school in Shanghai, offering a blended Shanghai and bespoke International curriculum (based on the English National and the International Primary Curriculum). Ranked in the top 3 International School in China two years in a row (Hurun Education Top International Schools in China 2018), we are a private school for children aged 6-18.
The school is divided over three campuses and at the primary site in downtown Shanghai, we educate children aged 6-11 (Years 2-6 of the UK curriculum). We are accredited by both the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and licensed by the Shanghai Education Commission to teach International curricula. The package we offer is competitive and our location in the Jing’An district of downtown Shanghai is second to none.
The Head of Primary
Managing the Physical Education Curriculum and other related areas, line managing PE Teachers.
- To ensure provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students, in accordance with the mission, vision and values of YK Pao School.
- To be the curriculum leader and be responsible for leading and developing all aspects of Primary PE.
Leadership And Management
- Leading the team of those teaching Physical Education in the Primary School.
- Organising and arranging staff professional development within the Department as necessary.
- Maintaining effective communication with the Primary PE Teaching staff.
- Overseeing the extra-curricular program, organising appropriate in house and outside agency coaching for a wide range of sports teams.
Teaching and Learning
- Leading the planning; producing, evaluating, developing and updating of curriculum policy documents and schemes of work.
- Overseeing and monitoring the teaching and learning taking place within the department
- Ensuring that all students are making progress within subject areas.
- Leading the development of effective forms of assessment, record keeping and target-setting for all students.
- Ensuring continuity, consistency and progression are maintained across the subject.
- Liaising with other Department Heads and Year Leaders to develop cross-curricular links.
- Monitoring the performance of other Department members by such means as the performance development and review process and regular lesson observations and walk throughs.
- Coordinate and monitor the quality of student reports within the Department and contribute to the reporting system when necessary.
Resources, CCAs, Activities and Events
- Resourcing the curriculum needs within an allocated budget.
- Ordering materials and stock; checking, controlling, distributing materials and stock on arrival and as required.
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment, and ensuring such equipment is maintained and stored securely.
- Promoting physical activity and sports with the CCA programme.
- Planning and overseeing the SSSA sports teams and fixtures throughout the school year
Child Protection and Safety
- Actively support and adhere to the Child Protection Policy, including attending annual training.
- Ensure lessons, activities and trips are inclusive, safe and secure for YKPS students.
- Bachelor’s degree in PE, PSHE or relevant subject area;
- Recognised teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
- Minimum 4 years’ teaching experience in primary years education;
- Some management/leadership experience in Education is ideal
Please send a letter of application and a CV which includes the contact details of two referees. Interviews will be held as suitable candidates apply and the ad will run until the position has been filled.