We are seeking to appoint an inspirational top quality Head of Physical Education with a ‘student achievement’ focus and a proven track record of delivering truly superb KS4 outcomes. Physical Education is a very important part of both our KS3 and KS4 curriculum and uptake of these qualifications at KS4 is excellent. The Physical Education department includes superb state of the art facilities.
Candidates must be able to teach across the ability and age range, supporting the development of Physical Education to the highest standards for all pupils at Key Stages 3 and 4. This post becomes available due to the recent external promotion of the current post holder (we realise this is a tight turnaround).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about Physical Education
- Be an excellent teacher
- Bring an unwavering commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the academy
- Be a dynamic individual who is obsessed with delivering the best KS4 outcomes
- Be a committed team player
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
- Be committed to Kingswood Academy's ethos of high expectations and no excuses
- Be passionate and ambitious about their own career development
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Access and support to follow middle leadership programmes from the outset e.g. NPQML, Teaching Leaders
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 2-3 year career pathway rather than just a Head of Physical Education post.
- We advise you to come in and speak with our Headteacher to discuss the opportunity above and shape the next 3 years of your career; thus this post is suitable and ideal for someone looking for their first middle leadership position or a more experienced leader looking for some whole school experience.
We advise you to come in and speak with our Headteacher to discuss the opportunity above and shape the next 3 years of your career; thus this post is suitable and ideal for someone looking for their first middle leadership position or a more experienced leader looking for some whole school experience.
Our academic performance
In the summer of 2017, for the third year running, we celebrated our best ever GCSE results. We, yet again, had significant increases in the number of students achieving a grade 4 (old C grade pass) in both English and Maths.
Our Progress 8 score of +0.48 puts us in the top two schools in the city and shows that on average our students made almost half a grade more progress than students did nationally, across their 8 best subjects. In 2017 64% of our students were disadvantaged, and our Progress 8 score for disadvantaged students was +0.52. At Kingswood Academy all students make good progress in every subject, regardless of their starting point and background.
In February 2018 we received a full section 5 OFSTED inspection. This visit was a success and Kingswood Academy is now rated as a ‘good’ school in all categories. The OFSTED report is extremely positive and outlines the vast array of improvements which have been made over the last three years. This OFSTED report along with our 2017 results shows that Kingswood Academy is now a great school. However, we are not complaisant and will not be satisfied until Kingswood Academy is truly ‘Outstanding’ in all areas; turning Kingswood Academy into the beacon of educational excellence that our community deserves.
We welcome visits to the academy, to see the school in action and to discuss this post and your career development opportunities. To book an appointment with the Headteacher please email Cathrine Weightman (PA to the Headteacher) on email@example.com
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required for September 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place Friday 25 May 2018.
Closing date: Wednesday 23 May 2018
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding policies we are unable to accept CV’s.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhance checks as part of our Prevent Duty.