Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of ‘Pride in Achievement’ and enjoys an excellent reputation within the local community. The outstanding Sixth Form achieves impressive results year after year. We are currently looking for a Head of Physical Education to join our team.
The PE department offers:
- A PE curriculum across the Key Stages and includes both A Level and BTEC.
- Post-16 PE is very popular with good recruitment year on year.
- A record of driving forward innovation in learning and teaching within the school and a strong commitment to access and challenge for all.
- The exciting opportunity for an ambitious colleague to lead a department of 8 teachers, including Second in PE.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range.
- Have the ability to teach PE up to A Level.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state of the art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary.
Further details about the school, the post and an application form are available to download from the school website at www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk. Please send completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday, 26th March 2018 at 9.00 am
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date. Please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion if you have not heard within that time frame.
WOODBRIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex IG8 7DQ
Tel no: 020 8504 9618, Fax no: 020 8559 0487
Headteacher: Mr Andrew Beaumont, MA, BSc, NPQH
No. on roll 1670 (incl. 320 in Sixth Form)