An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating place to work. We are proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1450 attending the international school, 600 of whom are in primary. We celebrate being part of our amazing Asian community and combine International thinking and mindset to create a special campus.
The international school offers a rich, quality education with affordable fees and caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia, as well as Malaysian children. Our highly qualified teaching staff are expatriate and local, and are dedicated to developing students academically and socially by driving a co-curricular programme of more than 135 activities, service programmes, sports, arts and charity and community work.
We are an accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), Microsoft 365 School, Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Associate and are one of 15 schools to hold the Green Flag Eco Award.
Join a Global Network
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. You will be supported by strong leadership teams and a network of teachers both within Malaysia and globally across the ISP group. You will have access to our Global Learning Hub that will support your ongoing professional development.
This is very exciting opportunity to meet other teachers and leaders, share practice and work collectively with a local and global team.
We have a large and effective PE department of 7 staff that cover both the Primary and Secondary sections of the International School. The Head of PE would report to both Head of International Primary and Head of International Secondary. Investment has been made in the last 2 years to upgrade and improve sports areas including new indoor 8 badminton court sports hall, covered tennis courts and 5 acres of field. The school has a very good profile in Kuala Lumpur. We compete in the highest leagues in Kuala Lumpur including state competitions. We have a number of National and International athletes within the school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children at the heart of everything they do.
• Is an inspiring leader with a proven track record in leading school improvement.
• Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively.
• Is someone who recognises and rewards excellent practice.
• Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others.
• Is self-reflective and wants to improve as an individual and as a leader.
• A good understanding of the knowledge and skills needed in the subject. Experience of teaching IGCSE and A level PE is preferable.
• Possess a degree, QTS or equivalent and teaching qualification essential.
• Dedicated to improving the child including a clear commitment to child safeguarding.
In return we offer:
• A Culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected.
• A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Allocated support through our International Senior Leadership Team to support us developing an exceptional school.
• An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development.
• A peer network of like-minded teachers.
• A real commitment to work-life balance – we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
• Great employee benefits.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Medical cover
• Overseas allowance
• Relocation allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Medical insurance
• Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Co-operates and works with relevant agencies to establish and maintain systems to protect children. We responsible for ensuring the welfare, health and well-being of all children and young people. Creates a vigilant organisational culture which monitors and prioritises the safeguarding of children and young people above all considerations. We aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 17th February 2020 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
More about Tenby Schools (Setia Eco Park)
Address: No.1, Jalan Setia Tropika U13/ 18T , Seksyen U13, 40170 Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Malaysia. View in Google Maps
Telephone: +603 - 33421535