Island School is seeking to appoint an outstanding leader to oversee the Physical Education curriculum. This is a challenging role that would suit an experienced and passionate leader in this field. The role will include leading an extensive and varied Physical Education programme. In the Senior Phase we offer IB Sports, Exercise and Health Science as well as BTEC Sport. From August 2018 we will be implementing the IB’s MYP programme into Year 7 and 8 while Years 9 to 11 follow our own Island Futures programme.
The description below is layered on top of a mainscale teachers’ Job Description. All TLR responsibility holders have a teaching responsibility.
The roles and responsibilities of the Head of PE are:
- Plan and implement the curriculum for Physical Education
- Leading the Physical Education Department in developing and improving teaching and learning.
- Be responsible for the reporting and assessment system
- Collaborating with Head of Faculty in the use of human physical and temporal resources
- Supporting teachers of PE through Professional Reflection and Development
- Be responsible for the administration of IB, BTEC and MYP courses
- Lead the IV and ISV process in BTEC Sport
- Maintain standards of teaching and learning
- Monitoring/evaluating the development of teaching and learning in PE
- Prepare and action the exam analysis each year
- Promote Island School Physical Education and develop resources for open evenings
- Develop/ further develop website for resources information for both parents and students
- Contribute to the development of curriculum PE through the departmental development plan
- Implementing all agreed school policies and actively promoting a whole school vision
- Planning and managing resources. Efficiently managing delegated spending according to school policies
- High quality teaching and learning consistently achieved in Physical Education
- Resources for learning match needs of the students
- Performance data is used well for teaching and for interventions
- All staff are performing at a high level and/or underperformance is addressed, evidenced through Performance Management data
- Contributing to the Foundation wide professional development programme
- Accountable to the Principal
- A passion for teaching Physical Education
- Ability to inspire both staff and students in PE
- Ability to develop strategic goals and implement them
- Someone who can lead by the example of being personally involved in a variety of sports activities which will mean a commitment to them after school hours and on weekends
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork
- A good teacher with very good relationships with students
- Committed to the highest expectations of students and their learning
- High personal expectations
- Able to communicate effectively
- Experience of the IB’s Diploma and MYP Programme as well as BTEC
- International School Experience
Closing Date: 25 Feb 2018
For enquiries, please contact Betty Tsu at email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.