We are seeking to appoint a strong, capable leader for our Physics Department to commence September 2020. This is an excellent opportunity for a committed teacher with the capacity to lead the team to the next stage of its development, working alongside a newly appointed Head of Faculty. We are looking for a practitioner with vision and enthusiasm and the ability to inspire others across all Key Stages. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success with the ability to motivate, inspire and promote Physics within the school
The Science Faculty is a thriving team of 11 teachers, well supported by 5 Science Technicians and 2 departmental LSA’s. Science at KTS has recently undergone some exciting changes in structure and staffing, along with moving into our state of the art Science Centre in Autumn 2016. Physics is a popular subject area with students and is promoted extensively by all staff, both within the curriculum and by extra-curricular activities.
We are looking for a Head of Physics who:
- Believes in young people.
- Is dynamic, innovative and inspirational in the classroom and as a leader.
- Is keen to lead and manage a highly motivated staff team of Physics teachers.
- Is passionate about Science and, in particular, Physics.
- Ensures all students succeed and are able to achieve their maximum potential.
- Has the ability to teach outstanding lessons across the age range.
- Is committed to continuing to raise standards of attainment and developing the success of the department.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Sets high expectations of themselves, their staff and their students.
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Stability among teaching and support staff which brings both experience and commitment to our school community
- Supportive governing body and a senior leadership team that encourages a large degree of autonomy for middle leaders
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- An excellent range of CPD opportunities.
- A community school in the pretty market town of Baldock, 33 miles north of London, within 30-40 minutes of both Cambridge and London by road or train.
- Extra-curricular sporting/musical facilities for staff
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Sports Centre Membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers (subject to recent Government changes)
In September 2017, Ofsted graded the school as “good” and they commented that ‘You have high expectations for pupils, which permeate throughout the school and which have a positive impact on the progress pupils make from their different starting points.’
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS will be required.
Closing date: 9am, Monday, 30th March 2020
Interviews: w/c 20th April 2020
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website , and should be returned, along with a covering letter (no more than two sides on skills and strengths relating to the post) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org