Head of Faculty – Science
Head of Department – Physics
Head of Department - Biology
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We have vacancies for both Head of Physics and Head of Biology. Depending on the experience of the applicant we would like one of these roles to be Head of Science Faculty. We are seeking two very well-qualified, experienced and inspirational teachers for both of these roles.
Science is a successful, popular and highly-regarded subject at Challoner’s High, all three Sciences attract large numbers of bright and high achieving students and a significant number go on to study science related courses at university.
Within the Challoner’s High Science Faculty you will experience:
- · Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
- · A positive place to work with excellent facilities, including interactive whiteboards and other IT resources, and exciting plans for new cutting edge labs that are in the process of being fitted
- · A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team and experienced technicians
- · Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of middle leaders across the school
- · London Fringe allowance
- · Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
· The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Faculty or Senior Team depending on role
Salary / Allowances applicable TLR 2.2 for HOD (currently £4,312 pa) TLR 1.1 for HOF (currently £9,381 pa)
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Noon, Thursday 22nd February
Interview Date Tuesday 27th February
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from email@example.com
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com