HD Ningbo, a member of the Hurtwood House China family of schools, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of Physics to our senior school team. This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious bilingual school, in an inspiring environment, and with the collegiate support of the Hurtwood House family in China and the UK.
Following a successful opening in August 2014, HD Ningbo has quickly grown into the City’s leading bilingual school. Located in the district of Yinzhou, HD Ningbo sits on an outstanding 140,000m2 site and will grow to accommodate 2,000 students aged 3-18. Like the other schools within the Hurtwood House China family (Beijing, Shanghai & Qingdao), HD Ningbo delivers a unique dual immersion curriculum, blending the best of the Chinese National Curriculum with British education. The School not only benefits from being part of the successful network of HD Schools in China, but also from its strong relationship with Hurtwood House, our partner school in the UK.
We want our Head of Physics to be someone who:
- can develop a broad and balanced Physics curriculum
- will set and maintain high teaching and learning standards
- is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence
- develops a collaborative and supportive culture amongst International and Chinese colleagues in their department, in which information, ideas and resources are shared
- can deliver well-planned, engaging and creative learning experiences for their students
- will contribute to the co-curricular programme and whole-school activities in a committed and enthusiastic manner
- will work co-operatively and supportively with all members of staff.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text - here you will be able to download an application form. After considering the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed application forms should be submitted to TES via the “My Completed Application” section by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February 2018
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place in early January. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly.
Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Philippa Ibbs on +44 207 788 7937 or email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HD Ningbo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.