South Hampstead High School is seeking to appoint a dynamic, energetic and inspirational Head of Physics to lead a forward-looking, well equipped Physics Department.
Physics is a popular choice at South Hampstead High School, so this is an exciting time to join the Science Department and deliver a lively, up-to-date and challenging syllabus to our gifted and talented pupils, and to lead a team of four Physics Teachers, under the direction of the Head of Science. The department is very successful, enjoying strong links with industry and academia, and biennial visits to CERN with Years 12 and 13.
We are looking for enthusiasm for teaching, and an ability to stretch more able pupils in an engaging, exciting and enjoyable way– bringing ‘fresh ideas’ to the job, along with the ability to lead and motivated others.
In return, we can offer you a range of benefits including:
· Competitive salary and pay progression
· Access to extensive professional development opportunities
· Training grants for qualifications
· Generous pension schemes
· Free life assurance benefit
· Free school lunches
· A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
· Childcare vouchers, interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
· A Cycle to Work scheme
· Competitive terms and conditions of employment
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications is 10th January 2018.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post.