Head of Physics
We are seeking to appoint a Head of Physics to develop the strategic direction, leadership and management of Physics in our Science Faculty. You will be able to teach KS3-5 classes and will work with the Director of Science and in collaboration with our dynamic science team to show the motivation, organisation and commitment required to achieve ambitious targets and exceed expectations both within your faculty and for the Academy as a whole.
- Have strong leadership skills
- Have a good proven track record in raising attainment and accelerating progress
- Be an excellent teacher with consistently ‘Good’ or 'Outstanding' classroom practice
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent subject knowledge
- Encourage investigative and practical work in science to drive learning
- Be flexible and a good team player
The City of London Academy is a vibrant and innovative educational community in the heart of Bermondsey. We are part of the prestigious City of London Family of Schools sponsored by the City of London. We are proud of our City heritage and value the opportunities it brings through the Guilds and Livery Companies. These serve as an aspirational bridge for our community. In addition, our offer is enriched through collaboration with our sister schools, both private and state. Our new dedicated Sixth Form Centre opened in September 2017 and accommodates the increased demand for Sixth Form places offering the broadest curriculum in state of the art facilities.
All applications must be made on the online TES application form. CVs will not be accepted. Further details about the academy are also available from the academy website at: www.cityacademy.co.uk.
The City of London Academy (Southwark) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers.
Closing date: 12 noon on 23 February 2018.
Start date: April or September 2018.
Interviews: Will be held as and when applications are received.