Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K – 12 day schools, serving the north shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Conntinuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for an inspirational and experienced Teacher for the position of Head of PK - 12 Learning Support to start in August 2019. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Mulgrave provides additional support to students with a wide range of mild to moderate learning needs and exceptionalities, through a multi-tiered approach that requires close collaboration and communication among classroom teachers, pastoral advisors, learning support personnel, and other specialists. Our Learning Support programme aims to develop students’ academic, self-management, and self-advocacy skills while promoting positive attitudes toward learning and self-confidence in the fact of challenges.
Head of PK - 12 Learning Support - Job Duties:
The successful candidate will lead a team of dedicated learning support professionals, working across four school divisions, in developing, promoting, and implementing a student-centred approach to inclusion that helps each student achieve his or her personal best.
The Head of PK-12 Learning Support will continuously monitor and enhance our provision of services to ensure that all students, including English Language Learners and gifted students, receive effective, personalised support. As an IB Continuum school offering the Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programmes, Mulgrave offers an intellectually challenging programme of study with a strong focus on the development of 21st Century (ATL) skills; experience with IB programmes or in a multicultural, international school context would be an advantage.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement
- Must meet or be willing to obtain all requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with preference given to those with a BEd
- 5+ years’ experience in a school offering one or more IB programme(s)
- Experience working across a wide range of ages in a PK-12 school setting
- Thorough understanding of best practices in learning support and inclusion
- Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A track record of successful team leadership and management
The salary range for this position will be $80,000 to $90,000, based on skills and experience plus a renewable responsibility stipend of $6,000. This position will also include BC Medical coverage, health & dental benefits, tuition discount allowance and RRSP contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our website for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com.
Your resume and covering letter should be submitted no later than March 31, 2019 to https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.