A Great Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You.
Asia Pacific Schools (APS) are a thriving and highly successful union of a large international school and a large Malaysian national curriculum school. Asia Pacific Smart School (APSS, the Malaysian national curriculum school) was established in 2006 and it was joined in 2012 by Asia Pacific International School (APIS). Both sections of Asia Pacific Schools are highly popular and high performing. Examination grades in both sections are very strong and among the highest in the local area.
To put this simply:
We are looking for a primary head teacher who will join the senior leadership team of the school to help us guide the school and work with our colleagues to take us to the next level. If you want to be part of our team, you will need to be passionate about learning and knowledgeable about the factors that affect learning. You will be good at working and with and inspiring your colleagues, our students and their parents. When our children are in school, you will be more interested in being in classrooms than in your office. You will be excited to help encourage more children and students to experience what we have to offer.
At Asia Pacific, we:
- welcome good struggle to ensure that children’s brains change so they get better every day;
- seize every opportunity to cultivate Amazing Learning;
- are part of a worldwide learning community, supporting students’ development as global citizens of the 21st century;
- deliver the very best possible education for students to obtain outstanding grades in world class qualifications;
- help students develop their wider character so that they can make the most of all the opportunities available to them in the modern world.
The international section (APIS) follows a UK (English) curriculum at primary and secondary level, culminating in IGCSE examinations in Year 11. We are a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE).The international section of Asia Pacific Schools is a truly cosmopolitan community of almost 800 students of over 30 nationalities. Our teaching staff are mostly Malaysian with some expatriates.
The schools are located within easy travel by car (approximately half an hour) or public transport to central Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur itself is a truly global city and according to the UK’s Independent newspaper, it ranks second in the world as a place to live for expats (see link below). We are in easy travel to Kuala Lumpur International airport and very close to the smaller Subang airport, from where one can fly very cheaply to the many wonderful places to visit in Malaysia.
Asia Pacific Schools (APS) are proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP), a fast-growing global schools’ group in six clusters across the world: Europe; Mexico & Central America; the Middle East; South America; Southeast Asia; and the USA. Our regional cluster includes other ISP schools across Malaysia. The head of the international primary school will be supported by the executive principal, ISP’s Regional Team and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
We are looking for a suitably qualified, inspirational and experienced Head of Primary to join our forward thinking and dynamic teaching team that provides quality teaching and learning for our students – commencing September, 2020.
- To uphold the school’s vision, mission and core values.
- To be an experienced primary school head.
- To be part of the school’s leadership team.
- To contribute to the school’s strategic development and annual development plans.
- To have sound knowledge and practice of the National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking.
- To have a sound knowledge of the IPC (International Primary Curriculum) would be an advantage.
- To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests to impact on learning.
- To lead and support the school’s appraisal system.
- To have a good understanding of data management systems would be an advantage.
- To be able to manage a budget effectively.
- To be an excellent practitioner.
- To be able to coach and mentor staff.
- To be an excellent leader and team player.
- To be able to lead and motivate a team effectively.
- To be a self-starter.
- To contribute to the wider school community to raise the school’s profile.
- To possess excellent communication and people skills.
- To be able to liaise with parents effectively.
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, B. Ed)
- Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience working in a primary school
- Collegiate approach
- A passionate educator with high levels of professionalism and care for children
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is 17th April 2020 but it is strongly recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: http://www.apis.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and include firstname.lastname@example.org in your safe senders list)
(We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)