We are seeking to appoint a strong leader, with the vision and commitment necessary to lead and shape the next stage of our school’s development.
Rowdown is an inclusive 2-form entry Primary School in New Addington in Croydon. We are a member of the Fairchildes Academy Community Trust, a small but expanding multi-academy trust built around our ethos of putting the child first and acknowledging our important role within the local community.
We are excited about the improvements the school has already made since joining the Trust and are looking to appoint an inspirational Head of School to lead our dedicated and talented staff as we drive towards Good or Outstanding.
We are proud of our children at Rowdown; for their attitude and effort in their learning and their enthusiasm in displaying their many talents. We work closely with our parents and the local community. A collaborative approach is key to what we do, for children, staff, parents, governors and with the links we have through the Trust.
Our curriculum aims to prepare and develop children’s academic, social and emotional skills, in order that they will achieve their potential in life. Staff are encouraged to attend regular CPD sessions, and to bring new ideas into school, to enhance and develop their own and their colleagues’ teaching practices.
We are looking for a head of school who will be:
- Passionate about ensuring our children are able to fulfil their potential in all areas
- Resilient and flexible in leading the school forward
- Strategic in their thinking and collaborative in their working approach
- Committed to our inclusive ethos, putting the safety and wellbeing of the children and the school community at the forefront of all they do
- Articulate in communicating to a range of audiences, and active in fostering partnerships between school, home, and the wider community
As Head of school we can offer you the following:
- A challenging but rewarding opportunity to lead our school forward
- A welcoming school committed to improvement
- A dedicated staff team
- A support network within the Trust
- A supportive and challenging governing body
Candidates interested in this role are strongly encouraged to visit the school prior to application, so that you can see us for yourself. To make an appointment please contact the school office on 01689 843367 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to school will be possible from Jan 4th onwards
Closing date: 19th Jan 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up before interview. If you believe this job is for you, we would welcome hearing from you