King’s College Latvia (KCL) is seeking to appoint a Head of Primary to join us from August 2022.
To lead and manage in all aspects of the Primary school, EYFS to Year 6. At the heart of the role are the students and the Head of Primary must ensure learning opportunities for the pupils that encourage and enable each student to realise their full potential across all areas of the curriculum. The Head of Primary must manage and lead the school community with clear vision and in line with the overall school ethos and values.
The Head of Primary is a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and while representing the Primary School is expected to take a whole-school perspective on strategic issues.
Line Manager/Reporting into: Head of School
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 4th January 2022
Start Date: August 2022
King's College Latvia is an International School situated on the outskirts of the culturally vibrant capital city of Riga. Riga is a wonderful place to live for many reasons.
1. It is close to the beach resort of Jurmala, boasting 26KM of coastline with golden sands similar to that found in the Caribbean
2. It is a capital city, but small enough to move around on foot and bicycle, with a population of only 650,000
3. English is widely spoken
4. Latvians are very creative people with music, dance, art, theatre and literature well represented in the city
5. While living in Latvia, you will get to experience all four seasons!
The Latvia tourist board calls it 'Magnetic Latvia', as the country pulls you in, and many of our team have been with us since we opened the school. Consequently, the school has a very low annual staff turnover.
Established four years ago, King's College Latvia has seen rapid growth in student numbers. This year, we completed an ambitious second stage building project which includes a secondary school wing and sporting facilities. We now have additional outside sports areas, a swimming pool and a large multi-purpose indoor gymnasium.
King's College is suitably situated to facilitate excellent off-site learning experiences, with many accessible places of interest and museums within close proximity. We actively encourage experiential learning outside the classroom and frequently use a private forest situated near the school grounds to support curricular learning.
As one of the leading international schools within the Baltics, we are committed to high academic achievement, alongside exceptional pastoral care. Our team share these core values and are committed to implementing our vision of excellence across the school.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to Lead the Primary Department within a growing school;
- To be part of the School Leadership Team alongside the Headteacher, Head of Secondary and Business Manager;
- The most collaborative environment, at every level, that you will find anywhere;
- Excellent professional development within the Inspired group and a global network of over 70 schools to learn alongside;
- A place on The Inspired Senior Leaders Development training for 2022/23;
- At the leading edge of independent school thinking;
- A culture of excellence;
- Network of opportunities;
- Competitive package;
- Private medical insurance;
- Pupil holidays as vacation time unless stated in school calendar or holding a position of responsibility when some work during vacation will be expected;
- Working hours in school 08.00-16.30 each working day;
- Discounted school places for dependants;
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided free of charge each working day when in school;
- A device for working at home and supporting learning in school;
- Support for relocation and immigration.
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete the TES application form to apply.
We will call for references before an interview, and we anticipate an informal 30-minute discussion with all long listed candidates. After this where possible we will invite shortlisted candidates to meet with us at the Inspired Education recruitment event as detailed below.
It is a condition of employment for all new staff to be vaccinated against Covid-19. You will be asked to provide visual proof of your status if you are offered a job with us. Disclosure of vaccine status will be dealt with in accordance of the provisions within the GDPR Regulations.
Inspired are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and if successful you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles and values of our organisation.
Any successful applications will also be required to undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS check as well as completing any relevant safeguarding assessments.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Inspired Education is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organisation, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Inspired makes hiring decisions based solely the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.
About King’s Group
King’s Group is an international education organisation. We own and operate a network of private British international schools and UK Academies, and complement this with services providing children’s Academic Year Abroad programmes...