An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Established in 1960, the TENBY SCHOOLS GROUP (part of the British owned International Schools Partnership) operates international and private schools in peninsula Malaysia; currently in Tropicana Aman, Setia Eco Park, Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru and Semenyih. Each campus has an international school for both primary and secondary students. The campuses in Ipoh, Penang, Setia Eco Park and Johor Bahru also provide for private schools following the Malaysian curriculum.
Tenby International School, Tropicana Aman’s Campus is newest in the Tenby Schools Group that opened its doors in September 2018 on new modern contemporary campus with green concepts in a healthy lifestyle community housing development area. It is designed, from inception, to meet the educational needs of 21st Century learners in the lush, spacious and conducive environment within the vicinity of Kota Kemuning, Selangor.
The primary school (Key Stages 1 and 2) follows the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) using a thematic approach in teaching and learning activities. In the secondary school (Key Stage 3), the National Curriculum for England is taught that leads into the Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE).
Candidates are invited to apply for the position of Head of Primary for our school located in Tropicana Aman, near Kota Kemuning, Selangor (situated in the Klang Valley near Kuala Lumpur). The role may be suitable for any candidate who is an experienced Deputy Head of Primary in a large school who is ready to step into the role of Head of Primary.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our Vision of ‘A United World At Peace - Through Education’.
The Role & Expectations
• To uphold the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
• To be an experienced senior leader at Deputy Head or Head of Primary level with excellent academic & leadership skills.
• To be part of the School’s Leadership Team.
• To contribute to the School’s Strategic development and annual development plans.
• To have sound knowledge and practice of the EYFS, National Curriculum for England, curriculum development and current educational thinking.
• To have knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum.
• To possess excellent knowledge and experience of assessment and tracking to inform student progress, including the use of standardised tests to impact learning.
• To lead and support the School’s appraisal system.
• Knowledge of CIS/ WASC accreditation process would be an advantage.
• To have a good understanding of data management systems would be an advantage
• To be able to manage a budget effectively
• To be an excellent practitioner.
• To be able to coach and mentor staff.
• To be an excellent leader and team player.
• To be able to lead and motivate a team effectively.
• To be a self-starter.
• To contribute to the wider School Community to raise the School’s profile.
• To possess excellent communication and people skills.
• To be able to liaise with parents effectively.
Candidates must have a degree (QTS or equivalent). Masters and/or NPQH would be an advantage.
Relevant teaching and senior leadership experience, particularly in a large student-centered, learning focused school environment.
If you are committed to developing creative and articulate learners, with a deep-rooted desire to help every student reach their full potential, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further information about Tenby Schools is available on our website www.tenby.edu.my
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
• Competitive salary
• Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
• Overseas allowance
• Fee reduction for children of employees
• Medical insurance
• Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
This is an opportunity for you to live and work in a culturally diverse capital city. There are also opportunities for promotion within the organisation.
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype or Microsoft Teams. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
HOW TO APPLY
The closing date is 30th April, 2021 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
Tenby International School, Tropicana Aman
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 13 years
Established in 1960, the TENBY SCHOOLS GROUP operates international and private schools in Malaysia; currently in Tropicana Aman, Shah Alam, Penang, Ipoh, Johor Bahru, and Semenyih. Each campus provides for both primary and secondary international sc...