An adventure in Borneo awaits you
Tenby International School Miri is part of the Tenby Group of Schools, one of the largest and fastest-growing groups in South East Asia. All Tenby Schools are drawn together by our collective vision of ‘A United World at Peace – through Education’.
Tenby International School Miri is located in the Malaysian state of Sarawak on the north coast of the tropical island of Borneo, and as such is surrounded by extensive areas of extreme natural beauty and endless opportunities for outdoor activities and cultural experiences. The School welcomes expatriate and Malaysian families alike with students from a wide range of nationalities.
The School offers a modified British curriculum to children between the ages of three to sixteen. The Primary School follows the International Primary Curriculum, with Cambridge IGCSEs offered in the Secondary years.
TIS Miri offers a competitive salary with generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund, a baggage allowance, fee reduction for children, medical insurance and flight allowance. The school has good facilities and is fully resourced.
To provide professional leadership to ensure the school delivers a high quality and progressive education for all of its students and to build upon the existing good standards of learning, teaching and achievement. The Head of Primary
shall be responsible for:
- The provision of a high quality and progressive educational programme
- Arranging pastoral care and ensuring high standards of student behaviour, care and concern for others
- Ensuring a high standard of student achievement
- Communicating effectively with parents, both individually and collectively
- Ensuring the effective management of resources allocated to the school and contributing to the annual budget
- Looking for innovative approaches and methodologies that prepare children effectively for the learning needs of the Twenty First Century.
Applicants should have:
- A good record of successful leadership
- A proven track record in raising standards of achievement
- Experience of the English curriculum (essential)
- Experience of the International Primary Curriculum (desirable)
- Experience in leading on teaching and learning
- A pro-active approach to developing teachers’ pedagogy and practise
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Initial interviews will be completed through Skype. Final interviews will be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How to Apply
The closing date is Friday, 30th June 2017 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to:
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)