Applications are invited from energetic, determined and child focused leaders to lead and develop our Primary School for pupils aged 4 to 11 years . As part of the whole school SLT, the successful candidate will not only lead the Primary School but form part of the visioning and development of the whole school.
The ideal candidate will currently be a middle leader or senior leader in a British curriculum school in the UAE, UK or overseas with a solid grounding in the EYFS phase. They will have high expectations of self and others and be a role model of innovation and dynamism as well as a driving force for child centred progress. Ensuring standards are met as well as developing strong, effective and collegiate teams is a key skill.
Working closely with the Head of EYFS, the successful candidate will actively grow and develop the EYFS aspect of the school and be able to open an FS1 phase in August 2021.
• You are a passionate teacher, leader and advocate for children and their learning.
• You believe in bespoke learning based on a child’s context.
• You can use data meaningfully to support progress.
• You recognise outstanding learning and can lead a team to deliver it in a new school that has grown rapidly based on a strong reputation for child centred development.
This may be the job for you.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a leadership position either as an existing Assistant/Deputy Head of a Primary/Junior School or as an accomplished Head of EYFS with ambitions and abilities for Senior Leadership.
• Hold a recognised degree at Bachelor’s level.
• Hold a recognised teaching qualification.
• Have solid experience of the UK curriculum up to Year 6.
• Be an excellent communicator.
• Have drive and determination to build a truly excellent Junior School in a low price point/high quality environment supported by excellent facilities.
• Have a strong sense of humour.
• Have empathy.
The following would be a strong advantage:
• A Masters’ Degree in Education.
• NPQML or NPQH or an equivalent qualification that includes evidenced professional development
How to Apply
Candidates wishing to apply should send a current C.V. and covering letter no longer than two sides of A4 to email@example.com
Your application should contain the names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of three professional referees, one of which must be your current Line Manager / Head Teacher.
The closing date for applications is 5 November 2020 with preliminary interviews taking place shortly afterwards.
PACE British school, Sharjah
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 12 years