Ulink prepares students to become global citizens with a Chinese identity. It prioritizes student-centered learning in order to promote student confidence, independence, leadership and ownership of their education. Ulink schools are a bridge to overseas universities and aim to teach students the broad academic, social and emotional skills necessary to thrive and grow.
We need one Head of Professional Learning and Development start from August 2020.
Work with the Deputy Principal of Teaching, Learning and Academic Affairs to ensure that professional learning and development opportunities align with the School’s learning and improvement strategies.
Responsible for the design, management and continual development of the CAIE Professional Development Qualification (PDQ) programme.
Review, develop, and re-develop professional learning and development opportunities that are of consistent value and quality across the School.
Head the Instructional Core Team.
Provide professional learning and development support for different departments across the School.
The post holder is expected to carry out the following non-exhaustive list of functions
• Identify and cater for professional learning and development opportunities for different departments (Hosting CAIE workshops, subject specific workshops, individual, PLC/CFG etc.)
• Design and manage the PDQ programme so that the requirements of the syllabus are fully met
• Organize the PDQ programme’s learning environment and resources, and coordinate all parties involved (such as mentors, trainers, visiting speakers, observers, candidates)
• Communicate and update all staff of professional learning and development opportunities (INSET and External).
• A commitment to upholding the Ulink values, mission and vision through professional learning and development.
• Experienced in providing teacher feedback from classroom observations within a framework
• Hold a recognized teaching qualification (PDQ, PGCE, Delta) or teaching license
• At least 3 years teaching; managerial experience will be advantageous
• Very good command of the English language
• Designing – investigating, planning, seeking and incorporating feedback into role
• Time management
• Organisational skills including familiarity with learning platforms and spreadsheet work
• People management skills including empathy, tact, diplomacy
What we can offer:
-The detailed offer shall be determined by candidate’s qualification and interview results.
- Accommodation allowance
- Annual airfares allowance
- Local health insurance
- Annual Flights
- Contract completion bonus depending on performance
- Extensive training and ongoing Professional Development.
- Full paid summer and winter holidays
If you are interested in joining us please click Apply button below and we look forward to discuss more about our school and this opportunity with you.