UWCSEA has a vacancy for Head of Professional Learning (College Wide) with an immediate start date. The incumbent takes a lead role in all aspects of professional learning at UWCSEA, working in consultation with Learning Leadership team and Human Resources team to create and implement a strategic vision, that aligns planning for professional learning for all academic and administration staff, with the needs of the College Strategic Plan, the twin Campus plans and the existing professional learning programme for academic staff.
The role also supports and promote the UWCSEA culture of learning and personal growth and maintains the reputation of the College as a global leader and centre of innovation for professional learning. The incumbent will also support College events including activities relating to alumni and advancement.
Other responsibilities include:
- Advocate for the UWC Mission and create learning opportunities
- Co-create, author and articulate a clear and widely accessible vision for professional learning at UWCSEA which is needs driven and which is understood by all key stakeholders and promoted widely across the College
- Work with leaders of learning and the Director of HR to help design a standard approach, College-wide, to the Professional Learning Programme for teachers and for admin staff, with a particular focus on identifying the training needs from both processes and using them to create a College Professional Learning Plan
- Work with Heads of Campus and Director of HR to support the annual (and incidental) induction programme for new staff
- Work specifically with the Professional Learning Committee (East) and the School Principals (Dover) to create a published, annually updated and budgeted Professional Learning Plan for the College
- Establish and curate clear and sustainable systems that align the College Strategic Plan and subordinate plans with the annual cycle of professional learning provision for teaching and administration staff and with the financial planning cycle
- Work with the leaders of learning to develop learning communities that operate vertically on Campus and horizontally cross College
- Work with the leaders of the 5 Elements to develop a training plan and associated budget
- Take an overview of the equitable spread of professional learning across the organisation, targeting under resourced areas in line with the College and Campus' strategic plans
- Maintain own professional currency by keeping abreast of international professional learning developments, academic research and trends in education that should be brought within the sight-line of College leaders
- Maintain up-to-date expertise on training requirements that relate to Health and Safety in the workplace (e.g. Safeguarding, First Aid, Laboratory and Workshop Safety, Lifeguarding, etc.) and coordinate with key Team leaders to keep up to date records of those attending training and to track and monitor both compliance and best practice in these areas
- Work with senior colleagues to establish Professional Learning opportunities focused on leadership and career capacity building for teaching and administrative staff
- Source and build partnerships with training providers and neighbouring Singapore schools through PL networks, both local and international
- Liaise with IBO, EARCOS, 21st CL, NOLS, PTC, ELLSA, SENIA, ISNA, Learning 2.0, CASE, UWC International Office and other relevant organisations to organise PL workshops and conferences that benefit and support professional learning in the College.
- Oversee the organization of major training events such as conferences and professional learning days (in consultation with School Principals)
- Oversee logistics, contractual aspects and safeguarding issues when sourcing external providers
- Ensure that internal facilities for training are booked through existing College facility booking systems
- Prepare and regularly present budget estimates and financial reports for professional learning
- Mitigate costs of the PL team by generating income from external clients as the opportunity presents (but not a core imperative)
- Engage with the approval of training process using the ESS module of the new ERP system - role to be defined in consultation with Principals
- Where opportunities arise from planned professional learning, mitigate training costs by offering opportunities to external applicants
- When dealing with externally advertised training, oversee all logistical aspects of events from advertising, dealing with registrations, overseeing the event itself to post-event feedback.
- Provide reports to LLT and Board relating to success and costs of professional learning programme