Head of Programmes and Partnerships - Ark Teaching School Hub
Reporting to: Director of Teaching School Hub
Working Pattern: Full Time
Start Date: September 2021 (or earlier if possible)
Salary: L10 – L14 (£53,499 – £58,992)
Closing Date: 10am Friday 21st May 2021
Interviews: w/c 24th May 2021
A unique opportunity to be a founding member of our new Teaching School Hub and provide high-quality professional development to teachers and leaders across the South Birmingham region and beyond. Ark’s Teaching School Hub, based in Ark St Alban’s Academy in Birmingham, is one of just 87 hubs in England to be appointed as part of the DfE’s new programme designed to create school-led centres of excellence. This is an exciting career opportunity for an ambitious educator looking for a new challenge.
Ark has a national reputation for creating and delivering outstanding training and development across its network of 38 schools as well as in the localities we serve. This role will be key to strengthening and developing that work further, so that teachers and leaders have access to great support and development whatever the stage of their career.
As the Head of Programmes and Partnerships at the Ark Teaching School Hub, you will be responsible for the operational management of the Teaching School Hub and design and delivery of professional development that supports teachers at all stages of their career across more than 200 schools in the South Birmingham hub area.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operationally manage the Ark Teaching School Hub’s (TSH’s) professional development programmes.
- Design and facilitate a range of high impact, high quality professional development sessions in response to local and national needs.
- Develop strong partnerships with a range of stakeholders including local schools, Lead Providers and Delivery Partners.
- Leading on external relations and communication activities to promote the launch and ongoing operations of the Teaching School Hub
- Quality assure various programmes and processes across the Teaching School Hub region and wider Ark network
Read the full job description and person specification here.
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life. You will be aligned to Ark’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have an unwavering commitment to Ark’s mission.
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Have a good understanding of the DfE’s approach to whole career development, and of the technical detail of programmes intended to deliver this
- Be able to lead effective professional development and coach other to do the same
- Have strong customer service experience and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Please note, this role requires travel to schools in the south Birmingham area as well as other schools in the Ark network so a valid UK driving license and access to a car is required.
Please submit your application via our dedicated Careers portal by 10am on Friday 21st May 2021. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Matt Dunne, Director of Teaching School, email@example.com.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- English secondary schools
Ark is charity that aims to transform children's lives through education. Our goal is to help give children the best start in life, regardless of their background.
Our network of 38 schools schools in the UK achieves great results for young people, a...