As a 7-18 State Boarding School we seek an enthusiastic and dynamic person for the position of Head of the Psychology and Sociology Department. Both subjects are taught in the sixth form and are very popular, usually with 3 sets of each in both year 12 and year 13. The department is a strong one within the school with effective teaching and a history of good results.
The current post-holder is a Psychology specialist and it is necessary for candidates to have a specialism in Psychology and experience in teaching it to A-level. As part of the role the new Head of Department will be expected to lead the teaching of Psychology, whilst being Head of Department for both subjects. There is the opportunity to teach other subjects in key stage 3 and 4 if wanted.
• To provide strong and supportive leadership of Psychology and Sociology
• To work alongside subject specialist teachers in leading the design and implementation of outstanding curriculums across Psychology and Sociology
• To be accountable for the progress of all pupils in Psychology and Sociology
• To promote the subjects and ensure they are thriving within the Sixth Form
• To be a role model of outstanding teaching in the department
Single or larger rent-free accommodation may be available for the appointee in return for boarding duties.
To apply please complete an application form with a covering letter or supporting statement by clicking the apply now button.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd March at 9am
Interview Date: Wednesday 28th March
The Royal Alexandra and Albert School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced DBS check.