‘THE SUNDAY TIMES SCHOOL OF THE YEAR’
Enjoy teaching at DARTFORD GRAMMAR SCHOOL
We are look to appoint an enthusiastic and committed teacher to lead and manage Psychology in a high performing school offering excellence within the state sector. The school has many new state of the art facilities, including a new sixth form centre and one of the largest school sixth forms in the country. The post offers exceptional opportunities to an outstanding teacher seeking additional responsibilities.
The Head of Department will lead the Psychology Department in all aspects of the curriculum and be accountable for assessment, monitoring and the learning environments. Dartford Grammar School is one of the highest performing schools nationally at Key Stage 4 and Key Stage 5, with excellent facilities, four times designated ’outstandingly successful’ in the Chief Inspector’s Annual Report. The ability to teach across all Key Stages and a willingness to be an active participant in the extra-curricular life of the school are essential.
We are keen to hear from you if you are:
• an excellent classroom practitioner
• committed to raising achievement and transforming learning
• well-organised, proactive and able to work effectively as part of a team
• well-motivated and conscientious.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to inspire highly able and well-motivated students to fulfil and exceed their potential
• a dynamic and supportive working environment
• a well-established Induction Programme
• opportunities for professional development
Please return a completed application form, to the Headmaster, Mr W J Oakes, Dartford Grammar School, West Hill, Dartford, Kent DA1 2HW.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.