We are seeking to appoint a passionate, committed and supportive Head of Psychology, who has the knowledge and love of their subject to be able to inspire and encourage some of the country’s very brightest students. The Tiffin Girls’ School is a leading girls’ state school, where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to lead our Psychology Department, teaching highly motivated students at A Level. Psychology is a very popular choice with many students pursuing it to degree level at leading universities. We teach a Psychology curriculum that bridges the gap between arts and sciences through its study of human behaviour and mental processes.
This post would ideally suit an experienced teacher of Psychology. However, well-qualified new entrants to the profession will also be considered.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be confident in teaching A level Psychology to high achieving students
- be an excellent classroom practitioner who is prepared to be innovative in their teaching
- provide extensive creative opportunities outside of the classroom
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to lead a highly successful department, teaching Years 12 and 13
- a stimulating and creative environment in a school where extra-curricular activities flourish and teachers are encouraged to introduce new and innovative activities
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively promoted
- a two week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes' walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further information about our school, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 25 April 2019
Interview date: Thursday 2 May 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.