Pymble Ladies’ College is a school of the Uniting Church in Australia for girls Kindergarten to Year 12 with boarding from Year 7. The College is committed to creating a personalised learning environment for each Pymble girl. Pymble is universally acknowledged for its outstanding quality and exceptional opportunities. One of the key elements of our strategic plan Towards 2020: Striving for the highest is the development of a high performance and learning culture to enable the delivery of an excellent education.
The College is seeking a passionate Head of Religion and Ethics on a permanent, full-time basis commencing Term 1, 2020.
As a leader of learning in the College this role is responsible for:
• leading learning through curriculum design, classroom pedagogy, assessment and reporting to improve student learning outcomes
• developing a deep understanding of, and advancing the College vision for, personalised learning within the context of Religion and Ethics.
• Be a suitably qualified teacher of Religion and Ethics
• Have an understanding of the importance of spiritual/religious growth and critical reflection
• Have the ability to effectively lead teaching, learning, innovation and change
• Possess a broad vision of holistic curriculum
• Have a strong knowledge of the Studies of Religion I syllabus and the various methods of implementation
• Have HSC marking experience
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate and influence people at all levels of the organisation
• Have a demonstrated ability to lead, coach and develop others
• Have a strong understanding of the application of technology to enhance learning
• Be a reflective professional engaged in ongoing development and research in relation to your practice
• Be committed to supporting student wellbeing.
To learn more about this position, the calibre of person we are seeking to appoint and what makes Pymble an excellent place to work, please visit the College website on www.pymblelc.nsw.edu.au
Applications close 3.00 pm Monday 11 November 2019.
Candidates must comply with the NSW Teacher Accreditation Act and provide a Working with Children Check.
Pymble Ladies' College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.