HEAD OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Head of RS who will maintain the high standards and rapid developments within Religious Studies at Summerhill School.
This post is suitable either for an experienced Head of RS wanting to move to work with our wonderful children, or for an experienced teacher starting out on their leadership journey, whereby you will receive high quality training and support to develop your potential.
Governors appointed a new Executive Headteacher in October 2016 and you will be joining the school at an exciting time as we are on a journey to become beyond outstanding.
Do you have the drive, high standards and passion to ensure our students make a real difference to their outcomes and life chances?
Do you want to join something truly special?
Do you possess the following attributes?
- Ability to be an exceptional member of staff with clear capacity and the desire to improve
- Potential to progress in your career
- Possession of a wide range of skills to support our staff, students, parents and community towards excellence
- The skills, experience and ability to gain the confidence of students and staff
- Professional presence, capability and clarity with an excellent demonstration of the ability to motivate and empower
- A clear sense of fun, energy, drive and passion
You will be able to plan and deliver stimulating and challenging lessons whilst setting appropriate and challenging work for all abilities. We are looking for someone who is committed to working with colleagues across the school who is committed and ambitious for their own professional development.
If you would like an informal conversation with Mr Bowkett prior to applying, or to arrange a visit, please contact Miss K Stone, PA to the Executive Headteacher by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a firm application for this role, you will need to complete an online form through the WM Jobs website, but please express an early interest by contacting Miss K Stone, as it will take a few days for the post to be listed on that platform.
The above post requires an enhanced disclosure in accordance with the Protection of Children Act 1999.
Closing date: Thursday 24th May, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.
All applications will be considered on receipt, and we reserve the right to close the process prior to the advertised date. We anticipate that interviews will take place on Friday 25th May, 2018.