Following the promotion of the previous post-holder to the position of Head of Playroom, the College is now looking for an experienced and dedicated teacher to take up the position of Head of Religious Studies.
The Religious Studies department stands at the centre of the college’s academic life. A well resourced department with specialist classrooms in the heart of the school buildings. There are currently six teachers teaching curriculum classes as well as other colleagues who contribute towards the General Theology classes.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and hard-working with a high level of emotional intelligence. He/she will have strong communication skills and the ability to build good relationships with pupils, parents and staff. He/she will have a strong commitment to the College’s mission and identity as set out in the College Mission Statement,
The Head of Religious Studies is expected to:
- Have the ability to articulate clearly the identity and mission of being a Jesuit school
- Teach across the age and ability range and be familiar with the courses offered
- Have significant experience of examining either at A-level or for the IB;
- Lead, manage and develop a strong team of RS specialists
- Lead the school’s preparation for Diocesan Inspection and Provincial Visitation
- Contribute to the games and/or co-curricular programme.
This is a full-time position within a busy boarding school and lessons are timetabled over six days, Monday to Saturday. In addition to academic teaching there is an expectation that staff will be involved in the wider life of the school and play a full part in boarding pastoral care, usually as a member of a Playroom or House team.
Closing date for applications: Friday 24th January 2020 at 12 noon
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 5th February 2020